Entire world is going mobile. There is an app for everything imaginable under the sun. Right from startups to enterprise, every organization is going the app way. Many enterprise organizations are in search of the most feasible mobile architecture that will meet their requirements. However, there is not a quick one-size-fits-all solution and not a single architecture that can meet all your requirements. Here are several pointers that you need to keep in mind while you are considering a platform:
- Decide the main purpose of your app
- Determine whether your app needs local storage or online cloud storage
- Analyze extent of encryption needed for data stored in mobile
- Authentication methods to communicate between Mobile and cloud API
- Device features to be integrated such as geolocation, phone, camera
- OS capabilities required within your app
Here we will do an analysis about features needed:
Organization should analyze the capabilities their app would require. For example, native apps can handle following capabilities easily:
- Enhance the performance and user experience.
- Determine location of a user and identify location on map using GPS
- Ability to manage communication and access details from contact list
- Push notifications to inform about latest updates and alerts
- Selling opportunities based on predetermined parameters
There are several factors mentioned below that you need to take into account before narrowing down on the mobile framework.
Useful Reading :- Enterprise Mobile Application Development is the Need of the Hour
Cost: This is one of the most important factors to be taken into account throughout the mobile app development process. The cost involved to create and maintain apps across different platforms could turn out to be a daunting and expensive task.
Time to Market: It is important that developers have substantial knowledge of coding language to ensure quick time-to-market.
Performance: At the moment cross platform has limitations in terms of performance and dependability when used in the most straightforward manner.
Device level feature Integrations – such as camera, contacts, calendar and geo-location can turn out to be heavy on time and resources.
Extensibility and tools
This is an irksome topic while dealing with a framework. Extensibility and tools have footprints across the internet. Some are more mainstream compared to others and serve as better utility. It is therefore important that your framework can be applied to give your application new widget or look. A framework can empower you with tools that allow user to seamlessly add plugin.
Good documentation is the defining factor when it comes to framework. You need to take into account upgrade and modification possibilities for your app in future. The ease of upgrading app and the overall usability of the framework might turn out to be a challenging experience.
No matter what type of application you decide to develop, there is always a framework that will meet your objectives.