Which feature of mobile phone interests you the most? Is it the fast performance of processor, longer battery life, high-tech camera or its ruggedness? iPhone lovers, here’s a good news for you as the newly arrived models, namely iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus promises all of these features for the convenience of its users.
Highlights of Apple iPhone 7 Launch Event, San Francisco
iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2 took over the event with its unique and rather stunning features. Another addition to the Apple’s list of accessories was marked by the introduction of AirPods. Apple aims to revolutionize wireless music experience with its new magical AirPods.
In the arena of wearables, Apple watch series 2 comes as advancement to last year’s Apple watch. Let’s discuss these important announcements of Apple iPhone 7 launch event one-by-one:
iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus: Features and Specifications
iPhone 7 (4.7 inch display) and 7 Plus (5.5 inch display) took the center stage at this year’s Apple event. How are these variants different from its previous ones? Here’s an answer:
- iPhone will run faster and smoother owing to the clock speed of its new A10 processor.
- Frequently used home button will now respond differently based on how much force you apply while pressing it. The most interesting part is that this pressure sensitive ‘Home’ button is even customizable.
- You can expect the brightest Retina HD display in iPhone 7 series ditching the color contrast of all previous models.
- Newly launched models are more rugged when compared to previous ones in terms of water resistance and protection against dirt.
- Play music twice as loud with power pack stereo speakers in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models.
- iPhone 7 has an improved battery life that allows it to live 2 hours extra compared to its previous model.
- iPhone 7 camera has a new flash with shades of color to match properly with ambient light. The big news is that iPhone 7 Plus will feature two cameras for enhanced zooming capability (optical zoom 2x and digital zoom 10x). Double lens allow clicking professional pictures with blurred background effect, which otherwise require changing the lens aperture.
How much for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus?
iPhone 7 starting price is $650 for 32GB variant. Tim Cook compels people to use the newest model and for the same reason, iPhone 7 is to be sold at the same price of iPhone 6s. The storage capacity of 16GB is a thing of past with iPhone 7 starting model featuring 32GB storage space.
iPhone 7 Plus is priced at $770 and comes in 5 stunning colors: Black, Silver, Rose Gold, Gold, and the new Jet Black. iPhone 7 series does not feature a regular 3.5 mm headphone jack. This is because it encourages wireless music experience that is not only untangled but also immersive. However, you can still use EarPods to listen to music with a lightning connector that fits in the charging port.
Pre-order your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with the lines opening from September 9. You might be lucky to get it on the first shipping date starting from September 16.
AirPods: Simplicity and Technology Redefined
As mentioned earlier, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus does not feature 3.5 mm headphone jack. So what should you ideally use to listen to music from these newly launched models? AirPods is the answer. This wireless and one touch setup AirPods can sense when they are into your ears. It starts automatically when plugged into ears and pause the music as soon as you remove them.
Apple W1 chip manages battery life of AirPods delivering 5 hours of listening for one time charge. When kept in the charging case, users can enjoy uninterrupted 24 hours of listening time.
Wrapping it up
Apple’s CEO Tim Cook expects people to welcome iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus as several anticipated features such as water resistance, enhanced battery life and camera quality have been worked upon. iPhone sale in India starts from October 7 with the starting model of iPhone 7 being priced at INR 60,000.